Looking for professional development opportunities in LA? Look no further! See below for links to upcoming events, conferences, classes, and more. Details are available in the linked pages, some of which we summarized here. Be sure to visit SOAP Notes often to find roundups from other cities.
- Thur., Aug. 17, 2017 @ 5 AM to Fri. Aug. 18, 2017 @ 12:45PM PT | Cost: $100-$125
- OR 360, 825 N. San Vicente Blvd., West Hollywood, CA 90069 (map)
- The Cedars Sinai Medical Center Department of Surgery’s Trauma Program is excited to offer a different approach to receiving continuing education at an International Conference for a fraction of the cost! The Trauma Conference International will be simulcast live from Toronto, Canada. Please note this conference is being broadcasted live, which means an early start and end time. Times on the agenda are adjusted to reflect local Pacific time. Too early, no problem come a little later, partial CME credit will be awarded for classes attended.
Fee includes both days of conference, early morning snacks, brunch, and coffee.
- Fri. Aug. 18, 2017 | 10AM – 4PM PT | $65-$85
- West Coast University, La Palma Campus, Room 474, 2411 W. La Palma Ave., Anaheim, CA 92801
- The Member Experience Committee (MEC) in collaboration with the local ACNL chapters will be presenting this regional program for their ACNL colleagues and chapter members to engage nurse leaders at the regional level in important conversations, while providing education and networking opportunities
- Tue., Sept. 12, 2017 | 7 AM – 4:30 PM | Cost: $150-$200
- Long Beach Memorial – Miller Children’s Hospital , 2801 Atlantic Ave., Long Beach, CA 90806 (map)
- 1 day educational forum being offered to those who care for trauma patients from prehospital through to rehabilitation. Presentations from a superb line-up of speakers will address topics that focus on high-risk situations when caring for trauma patients. Topics will include experts presenting on burn care, pediatric trauma, active shooter events, and the legal aspects of trauma documentation
- Fri. Sept. 29, 2017 | 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM PDT | $0-$145
- The Westin Los Angeles Airport, 5400 West Century Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90045 (map)
- Hosted by the Children’s Institute, Inc., this conference is for child welfare workers, mental health professionals, school personnel, juvenile justice workers, policymakers and program administrators and organizational leaders from public and private agencies that work with at-risk children and families.